SHALER, Pa. - A 78-year-old woman was taken a hospital after witnesses said her car went over an embankment near the Falls Run walking trail in Shaler.
The woman was backing her car up into her garage on Stoneridge Drive when the car went over the embankment and down the hill.
Unbelievable!!!! A woman rescued! Her husband tells only Channel 11 how her car went over a 7 foot embankment by their house BACKWARDS into the Falls Run walking trail and SHE SURVIVED! #WPXI pic.twitter.com/yVxCNh9gPE— Damany (@DamanyLEWIS) April 24, 2019
A tree stump likely stopped her from going all the way down the 200-foot embankment.
The woman was taken to the hospital and is expected to be OK.
- Woman dies after falling into meat grinder
- Water main break rips apart sidewalk, floods street in downtown Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh metro area receives failing grade from ALA for poor air quality
- VIDEO: High school senior hopes to marry the love of his life while fighting rare cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.