SCOTT TOWNSHIP, Pa. - An 18-year-old woman was critically wounded in what appears to have been an accidental shooting Sunday night at a home in Scott Township, police said.
The woman was shot in the stomach around 6 p.m. on Magazine Street. She was taken to a hospital, where she underwent surgery.
Officials said the woman was listed in critical condition, but she is expected to survive.
A neighbor said her daughter ran to help the woman, whose boyfriend carried her out of the home and said she pulled a gun from his waistband and it went off.
The shooting appears to have been an accident and no charges are being filed at this time, according to investigators with the Allegheny County Police Department.
ALLEGHENY COUNTY POLICE: Shooting that happened inside this Scott Township home that left a teen critically injured appears to have been an accident. No charges are being filed at this time. Watch @WPXI at noon & 5. pic.twitter.com/dJAOzFT5qy— Mike Holden (@WPXIMikeHolden) November 12, 2018
- High school football player dies after suffering neck injury during game
- 18-year-old woman shot in local neighborhood
- Man high on meth jumps naked into homeowners' bed, deputies said
- VIDEO: Mom says ‘code word' saved daughter from being kidnapped
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.