SALTLICK TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A 96-year-old man died at the hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Fayette County.
Firefighters were called to a home on Stanton Road in Saltlick Township just after 6:30 a.m. Sunday.
When they arrived, family members who live nearby had already rescued Clare Geary from the home.
Geary sustained second-degree burns all over his body, but was alert enough to talk to medics on the scene. He died at a Pittsburgh hospital.
The fire started in the living room, which is also used as a bedroom.
- LIVE UPDATES: Pittsburgh school, business closings and delays
- 2 killed in crash on I-80 in Mercer County
- Five kids, ages 12-16, charged in shooting death of Nashville musician
- VIDEO: Kennywood's newest roller coaster 'Steel Curtain' taking shape
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.