PITTSBURGH - An assisted living facility in Pittsburgh’s Overbrook neighborhood was robbed early Thursday morning.
Police said two armed men walked into Norbert Personal Care on St. Norberts Street shortly after 3 a.m. and demanded narcotics from staff members. They then fled in a dark-colored SUV.
An employee told Channel 11 News no one was hurt.
People in the area said what happened was an act of desperation.
“They think because it’s a place of seniors and, particularly where it’s located, they probably thought it could be an easy take, and shame on them,” Gene Sheck, of Pittsburgh, said.
- FBI looking for three of 33 people federally indicted on drug charges
- 3.4 magnitude earthquake rattles central Pennsylvania
- Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 2 dead
- VIDEO: Triple shooting during graduation party at Airbnb leaves 1 dead
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.