PITTSBURGH - A carbon monoxide detector went off Thursday morning at an apartment building in Pittsburgh’s Oakland neighborhood that houses Carnegie Mellon University students, officials said.
Police and firefighters were called shortly before 6 a.m. to the Fairfax Apartments on Fifth Avenue.
An alarm could be heard blaring as several emergency vehicles were parked outside and first responders entered the building.
Twenty-two students were evacuated to the building’s lobby, but no one was sickened, a CMU spokesperson said.
- Former student diagnosed with rare cancer that killed classmate
- Elusive African black leopard caught on camera
- Major renovation plan unveiled for South Hills Village
- VIDEO: Tow truck driver who was shot, paralyzed during argument with another driver
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.