CLARKSBURG, W.Va. - West Virginia politicians are calling for answers after a Vietnam veteran’s death at a VA hospital was ruled a homicide.
U.S. Sens. Joe Manchin and Shelley Moore Capito vowed to investigate after a news report on the death of retired Army Sgt. Felix Kirk McDermott at the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
A lawyer for McDermott’s estate provided The Associated Press with a legal document sent to the VA claiming the 82-year-old was wrongly injected with a fatal dose of insulin in April 2018. It also contains an autopsy report from the Armed Forces Medical Examiner that rules the death a homicide.
According to the obituary for McDermott, he lived in Ruffs Dale, in Westmoreland County and was born in Braddock before serving in the Army and the Pennsylvania Army National Guard.
- SUV crashes into home after woman shot walking home from store
- Report: Antonio Brown in process of securing endorsement deal after losing 2nd helmet grievance
- Veteran with service dog denied access to gym
- VIDEO: Toy maker company Hasbro acquires Death Row Records as part of $4 billion deal
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.