PITTSBURGH - Contemporary Craft, the nonprofit arts organization, is on the move.
It's moving out of the Strip District Produce Terminal Building space and into Upper Lawrenceville along Butler Street.
The transformation will soon be underway.
Renovations on the 13,500 square-foot space start in July 2019 and will cost $5.5 million. It will feature a gallery, a studio and retail spaces.
- Former student diagnosed with rare cancer that killed classmate
- Elusive African black leopard caught on camera
- Major renovation plan unveiled for South Hills Village
- VIDEO: Tow truck driver who was shot, paralyzed during argument with another driver
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The grand opening is slated for March 2020.
The organization generates $3.9 million annually for the area, officials said.
City officials and organizers say this is a great move that will benefit the arts and create new opportunities in the Pittsburgh community.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.