PITTSBURGH - A doctor who put his life on the line to save others is being recognized.
Dr. Keith Murray, with UPMC Mercy, was honored today with the Pennsylvania Medical Society's Everyday Hero award.
Murray was part of a team that responded to the Tree of Life synagogue shooting back in October.
Eleven people were killed but dozens of others were saved by the hard work of Murray and other first responders.
It's a team he said deserves some of this recognition.
The Everyday Hero award is awarded monthly to physicians in Pennsylvania.
- Wife of rabbi at Tree of Life during shooting speaks out against death penalty
- Tree of Life synagogue shooting suspect arraigned on new charges in federal court
- Mayor Peduto talks about controversial, proposed gun reform law
- VIDEO: Mayor Peduto calls out DA for gun control comments, says 'arrest me'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.