GetGo launched a new program that links your Advantage Card to your bank account so you can pay with just that at the pump.
And if you pay that way -- you'll get an extra discount on gas.
The savings on gas can be up to 30 cents. That's in addition to GetGo's Fuel Perks, but there is a limit of 30 gallons of gas per transaction.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for news that matters to you. CLICK HERE to find out how.
You have to enroll and link your checking account to your Advantage Card.
Channel 11 asked if that puts your financial information at risk, but GetGo said it actually reduces the risk of skimmers.
They also told us GetGo is partnering with Zipline, a secure third-party vendor, as the go-between with customers' banks. When you pay with your Advantage Card, the funds come from their checking accounts, just like with a debit card. GetGo pays the processing fees on the transaction.
Target has been doing something similar to this with its Red Card.
- Pennsylvania woman accused of collecting more than $10K in donations while faking cancer
- Video shows man knocked unconscious, woman attacked by group of women at local McDonald's
- Pittsburgh's 2019 Light Up Night festivities include performance by Adam Lambert
- VIDEO: Fire destroys popular barbecue restaurant on Pittsburgh's North Side
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.