HARRISBURG, Pa. - The former president of Penn State has been given a date to report to prison in relation to the scandal involving child sexual abuse allegations against a former school football coach.
Last month, Graham Spanier asked a federal court to vacate his criminal conviction for how he handled the 2001 complaint about Jerry Sandusky showering with a boy in a university locker room.
Spanier, 70, has been out on bail since his 2017 conviction.
He's been ordered to report to the Dauphin County Prison on May 1, 2019 at 9 a.m. to serve his sentence.
- People rescued as massive fire tears through apartments
- 80-year-old man charged with murder, rape in 1973 Virginia cold case involving 2 local teens
- Driver who nearly pinned officer with car arrested
- VIDEO: PA law taking guns away from abusers in effect
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.