SLIPPERY ROCK, Pa. — A would-be burglar smashed into a home using a giant rock, but he didn't know the homeowner was inside with a gun, prepared to protect his family.
The homeowner is so scared, he went to get his concealed carry permit Monday.
“I looked at my phone and it was like two o'clock in the morning. Nobody should be here," said Bill Wright, who was caught off guard over the weekend by an unexpected visitor. “He started banging on the doors really hard and aggressively, started punching the doors.”
Wright is still dealing with the effects of last week's ice storm, with no power and no lights.
“When he ran around the back and disappeared around the back I thought, this is going up another level,” Wright said. “And that's when I went and got my gun.”
The man behind the burglary, according to police paperwork, is Dustin Miller. According to police paperwork, Miller tried to kick in Wright's door. When he didn't get too far with that – he walked off.
- Couple headed to their wedding in Pittsburgh killed in crash on Pennsylvania interstate
- Chris Watts case: Colorado dad sentenced to life in prison in killings of pregnant wife, daughters
- Woman pulled to safety after road flooded by water main break
- VIDEO: David's Bridal files for bankruptcy, but your order is safe
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2020 Cox Media Group