MT. LEBANON, Pa. — A gas leak has been capped and residents are being allowed to return home after officials evacuated several homes Tuesday.
A water company contractor hit a gas line in Mt. Lebanon.
Cedar Boulevard was closed between Mapleton and Florida avenues for the break in the 4-inch line, which is near Baywood Avenue, according to officials.
Seventeen homes and small apartment buildings in the immediate area were affected, according to fire officials. Eleven people were evacuated from some of them.
- North Hills gym teacher accused of inappropriate contact with elementary student
- Elevator falls 84 floors after cable breaks in Chicago skyscraper
- Couple headed to their wedding in Pittsburgh killed in crash on Pennsylvania interstate
- VIDEO: Pothole leaves more than dozen vehicles with flat tires
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Cox Media Group