PITTSBURGH - The owners of the Just Ducky Tours, a Pittsburgh-based amphibious tour boat company, have sent their eight-vehicle amphibious fleet, all of its spare parts and a Molly’s Trolley off to auction after announcing plans to cancel operations for the 2019 season.
In June, Just Ducky Tours co-founder Michael Cohen said that his company was unable to secure proper insurance after a duck boat accident in Missouri killed 17 passengers in 2018. At the time, he said the company's 50 employees had been laid off the previous September, and that he hoped someone in Pittsburgh would buy the company.
- 1 dead, 3 hurt after related shootings at separate scenes in West Virginia
- Philadelphia police shooting: Gunman in custody after 6 officers shot, wounded
- 13-year-old dies after collapsing while playing football
- VIDEO: Coroner called to fire in Washington County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Pittsburgh Business Times