FALLSTON BOROUGH, Pa. - A landslide has shut down a road in Fallston Borough, Beaver County, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation officials said Monday night.
The landslide is causing concern for people who live and work nearby Route 51 in Fallston.
Monday night, crews blocked off the route from Wildwood Road to Veterans Memorial Bridge.
As of Tuesday morning, the slide continued spilling into the roadway as trees tugged on wires.
Many drivers ignored signs and drove by the debris.
The following detours are posted:
Northbound Route 51
- From northbound Route 51, take the ramp to West Route 68 toward Beaver/Chippewa
- Follow westbound Route 68 to I-376
- Take the ramp to westbound I-376 toward New Castle
- Take the Route 51 (Exit 31) Chippewa exit
- End detour
Southbound Route 51
- Same detour in the opposite direction
A single lane in each direction will remain open on Darlington Road, officials said.
- 1 killed in crash in Parkway North construction zone
- Food ordering service delivers to Allegheny County Jail inmates
- Medical marijuana will soon be approved treatment option for opioid addiction
- VIDEO: Activists say Starbucks' apology is not enough
© 2018 Cox Media Group.