BEAVER, Pa. - The Beaver County District Attorney told Channel 11 he still gets calls from victims and the Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh to investigate cases of abuse at the hands of priests.
David Lozier said he gets a couple calls a year.
His office investigates, but it usually ends the same way with issues like the statute of limitations being up, there's no evidence or the suspected offender is dead.
In 2007, statutes were changed to 50 years, which gives law enforcement a lot more legal leverage to prosecute.
- Slain Colorado mother painted rosy picture of married life
- Boy who drowned gives life to 3 people via transplants
- Serena Williams learned sister's killer was paroled before worst loss of career
- VIDEO: Firefighters rescue dog trapped in sinkhole in Pennsylvania
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.