PITTSBURGH - The Garden Theater Block on Pittsburgh’s North Side could be getting a makeover after more than 20 years of starts and stops, according to Channel 11’s news exchange partners at TribLIVE.
Trek Development hopes to secure Pittsburgh zoning and planning approval for construction of a five-story apartment building at North Avenue and Federal Street, TribLIVE reported.
The $17 million plan also includes repurposing the old Garden Theater, according to TribLIVE.
Trek Development hopes to begin construction in early 2020.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
- Roaches, more than a dozen other health violations found at popular Pittsburgh restaurant
- Crews make unexpected discovery during investigation into what caused downtown sinkhole
- Which local high schools performed the best on the 2019 Keystone exams
- VIDEO: Foods doctors say can lower risk of breast cancer
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.