A North Huntingdon man died Thursday after apparently setting himself on fire.
Thomas Scheetz, 88, was found in the early afternoon next to a burn barrel on his property, the Westmoreland County Coroner’s Office said.
Neighbors told Channel 11 Scheetz was burning garbage and was found by his daughter.
A deputy coroner pronounced Scheetz, who had suffered burn injuries, dead at the scene.
An autopsy is scheduled for Friday.
- PHOTOS: Dozens arrested during drug sweep in Mon Valley
- Father of slain North Carolina teen denied temporary visa into US for funeral
- Woman with face tattoos accused of shoplifting from Walmart in Ohio
- VIDEO: OSU Installs Bacon Vending Machine
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.