SOUTH STRABANE, Pa. - A man admitted to police that he put skimmers on ATMS at banks across Washington County.
Elvis Roman pleaded guilty in federal court for his role in a banking scheme that affected hundreds of residents.
Roman stole at least $50,000 by installing skimming devices on local ATM machines.
He is from Romania and was in the country illegally. He faces up to 32 years in prison, a fine of up to $1 million and will be sentenced in October.
- Police: Man shot, killed while trying to get into house
- Italy just named this local pizza the best in the country
- ‘Chevy vs. Ford' argument led to shootings, standoff, police say
- VIDEO: Nation's longest pedestrian suspension bridge to open in Tennessee
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.