PITTSBURGH - A man was taken into custody after a SWAT situation in Brookline Thursday, but part of Brookline Boulevard remains closed.
Allegheny County police went to the home in the 1000 block of Brookline Boulevard just after 10 a.m. Thursday to serve a warrant for stalking and harassment charges.
"This morning he began to contact our detectives in a series of calls more and more alarming threats," Allegheny County Police Superintendent Coleman McDonough said.
Scott Kundar, 44, is the man police were looking for. He was alone in the home but refused to surrender.
Officers fired tear gas into his apartment around noon, at which point he surrendered.
The building manager told Channel 11 she was serving Kundar with eviction papers because of his ongoing harassment toward other tenants.
- 1 dead, 3 hurt after related shootings at separate scenes in West Virginia
- Philadelphia police shooting: Gunman in custody after 6 officers shot, wounded
- 13-year-old dies after collapsing while playing football
- VIDEO: Coroner called to fire in Washington County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.