A man accused of trying to rob a South Side bank is now behind bars.
On Aug. 14, Emanuel Luna went into the First National Bank on East Carson Street and handed the teller a note.
"I have a bomb if you don't want to die you will give it to me it is in my backpack and I will press the button and kill us all for no less than $50,000 please try me," the note said.
Police said Luna then said, "Forget it" and left without any money.
Police said they looked at cameras and noticed the man abandoned the wheelchair on East Carson Street and used a cane to get into a Port Authority bus. Police said they also found a fingerprint on the wheelchair that connected the crime to Luna.
Luna is currently in the Allegheny County Jail.
- Local man's death at Clarksburg VA facility now being called a homicide
- SWAT situation ends with man taken to area hospital
- Veteran with service dog denied access to gym
- VIDEO: 11 Investigates why many local police departments still don't have body cameras
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.