MCKEESPORT, Pa. - Police said one man died and another was arrested after a shooting in McKeesport late Friday night.
Police said Marcus Acie-Griffin, 26, was charged with criminal Homicide after Kaine Williams, 34, was found lying in the 1800 block of Sumac Street with gunshot wounds.
Investigators said shortly after 11 p.m., 911 was called and when officers arrived, Williams was pronounced dead. Police said Acie-Griffin got out of his white 2009 Acura with a shotgun and shot Williams before driving off.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Allegheny County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Just before 1:30 a.m., police said they spotted the Acura and tried to pull it over. Acie-Griffin sped off, and police said he crashed into several parked cars before officers could use spike strips to blow out the tires.
Acie-Griffin kept driving before police said he crashed over a hill on Madison Avenue in West Mifflin.
At that time, officers arrested Acie-Griffin and also recovered a gun in the car, believed to have been used in the homicide.
Acie-Griffin was taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
As far as a motive, police say Acie-Griffin had been harassing Williams because Williams was dating his ex-girlfriend.
- Male dies after being stabbed in Pittsburgh neighborhood
- Large rat falls from Buffalo Wild Wings ceiling, lands onto menu, woman says
- Mother charged with leaving her 2 kids alone in Ross Township hotel
- VIDEO: Families across area canceling trips to Dominican Republic
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.