PITTSBURGH - The Mon Incline is expected to reopen next month after being closed since Feb. 4, when flooding from a broken water main caused major damage.
The exact reopening date hasn't been announced, but the Port Authority said repair work is expected to be completed this week.
Flooding from a water main break on Grandview Avenue compromised the foundation wall at the upper station and caused damage to the interior.
The 149-year-old funicular will undergo load testing beginning next week, and once it has undergone a safety inspection it will be allowed to reopen.
- 1 adult, 18 juveniles facing charges related to assault during Michael Rosfeld protest
- Notre Dame Cathedral: Historic structure on fire in Paris
- 1 dead after apparent shooting in Leechburg
- VIDEO: Derry Borough mayor accused of pointing gun at boy who got into fight with son
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.