Pennsylvania state Rep. Tedd Nesbit is accused of driving under the influence in Mercer County over the weekend.
State police said they pulled him over at a traffic stop along I-79 after they said he committed several traffic violations.
If you want to receive BREAKING ALERTS, please download our WPXI News App.
Nesbit, 51, released a statement saying, "I made a mistake for which I am embarrassed and deeply sorry. It will not happen again. I intend to work hard to regain the trust of my constituents.”
He has been in office since 2014 and represents residents in both Butler and Mercer counties in Pennsylvania's 8th Legislative District.
Police said charges will be filed once lab results come back.
- Suspect in deadly stabbing arrested, found with gunshot wound
- VIDEO: Trump and top Democrats spar in Oval Office showdown
- Neighbor: Mom screamed for help amid fire that killed 5 kids
- VIDEO: Kathie Lee Gifford to leave Today show
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.