PITTSBURGH - A college degree is as valuable as it ever has been, and perhaps never more expensive. Taking out loans and taking on debt has become a necessity for many students, but that debt can be a massive burden in their early careers.
Lend EDU, an online marketplace for comparing student loans, recently published a study of average student loan debt, breaking it down by schools and states. The results are sobering, especially for local students: with an average student debt per borrower of $36,193, Pennsylvania has the highest average of any state in the country (and the District of Columbia).
Read more about the new location in the Pittsburgh Business Times.
- Grandmother accused of shooting, killing twin grandsons who had autism
- Motorcyclist killed in crash that closed Homestead Grays Bridge for hours
- TV actress pleads guilty in group's sex-trafficking case
- VIDEO: New app could help victims of domestic violence
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.