PITTSBURGH - A man is recovering in a hospital after being attacked by two pit bulls Tuesday afternoon on Mount Washington.
The attack happened along Olympia Street just after noon and neighbors told Channel 11 they have seen the two dogs running throughout the neighborhood.
Riley O'Donnell was walking and recording video of her own dog when she heard a man screaming, then saw the two dogs coming toward her.
"The pit bull started coming down the hill going to chase me, so I went running to my car," O'Donnell said. "There’s kids playing at the park, the dogs go running through the park, go up to the little girl, sniff the little girl and then run away."
- Penguins swept in first round of Stanley Cup Playoffs by New York Islanders
- Man attacked by 2 pit bulls on Mount Washington
- ‘World's Largest Rubber Duck' making another stop in Pennsylvania
- VIDEO: Mayor Peduto: We would welcome immigrants sent here by Trump Administration
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
She said she called 911 as soon as she could, then checked on the man.
"He had his forearm really wrapped up by the firefighters and then his leg as well and there was blood on the ground," O'Donnell said.
ONLY ON 11: A man was attacked by 2 dogs on Mount Washington. I spoke to a woman who called 911 after she heard the victim screaming. https://t.co/qTdAV5SnCX— Michele Newell (@micheleWPXI) April 17, 2019
Police and animal control officials found both dogs.
The owner agreed to surrender the dogs to a humane animal rescue. It's not clear if the victim will press any charges.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.