PITTSBURGH - Pet owners could soon have to register alligators and other dangerous reptiles in the city of Pittsburgh.
City council approved the ordinance Tuesday in an 8 to 1 vote.
Several alligators were captured in the city between May and October.
Mayor Bill Peduto said he hasn't read the bill yet and hasn't decided whether he'll sign it.
Here's a timeline showing all of the alligators captured in Allegheny County this year:
- Local school district mourning loss of beloved student, talented athlete who died unexpectedly
- Neighbors say Terrelle Pryor, girlfriend had a tumultuous relationship
- Snow showers could cause slick roads Wednesday morning
- VIDEO: 'Doc Emrick Special' now featured at Primanti Bros.
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.