PITTSBURGH - Plans to revitalize the historic produce terminal in the Strip District are moving forward.
Channel 11 has confirmed that real estate company McCaffery has completed the necessary steps to secure the building and could begin the restoration process as soon as this week.
Last month, Channel 11 was there as the Urban Redevelopment Authority voted to approve the plans
McCaffery intends to bring new restaurants, retail and office space to the five-block-long building.
“It sounds good. I haven't seen all the details. I don't know of the vendors going in. I don't know the use of all the space, but it seems like they're on the right track,” Strip District visitor Diane Mohr said.
- LIVE UPDATES: Michael Rosfeld trial enters day 2 after emotional first day of testimony
- Discovery of $1.2M during traffic stop cracks money laundering ring, police say
- Police: Driver accused of causing crash that killed 19-year-old on Parkway West ran from scene
- VIDEO: ‘Virtual kidnapping’ scam targeting families
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.