A business owner is accused of stealing more than $200,000 from customers by not finishing remodeling work and in some cases not even starting it.
Owner, Gerard Maggio, is accused of ripping off at least 16 victims, and investigators worry there could be more.
Investigators claimed it was business fraud from day one. Police said Maggio used a fake name, and ripped off customers, stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars. People Maggio did business with said he would constantly flaunt his money despite never paying his bills.
11 Investigates looked into Maggio’s criminal history, finding out he had been arrested and charged with theft by deception across the state repeatedly.
Police told 11 Investigates they worry there could be more victims.
- HAVE YOU SEEN HER? Police searching for owner of car involved in deadly Penn Hills hit-and-run
- Kennywood makes Potato Patch cheese change amid social media outrage
- The Pittsburgh region's highest-paid execs
- VIDEO: 1 killed when car flips on ramp to Fort Duquesne Bridge
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.