VICTORIA TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A man is recovering after a rabid bobcat attacked him Saturday outside his home in Venango County.
The man said he thought it was a cat under his porch and when he tried to rescue it, the bobcat lunged at him and injured his arm.
"It came out from where it was and it attacked and bit him from his shoulder area down to his elbow bit and scratched him," game warden Jason Amory said.
"When I got there, I could hear something from under the porch, and it started to growl and vocalize more when I was on the porch," Amory said.
Amory euthanized the bobcat then tested it for rabies. The results came back positive.
He said he believes the same bobcat attacked a puppy just a few hours later. Both the man and the puppy are now undergoing painful rabies shots.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Woman says she was temporarily removed from American Airlines flight to 'cover up' short romper
- VIDEO: Pipeline protest in Marshall Twp
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.