HARMONY, Pa. - An automated message was sent out after a gun was found in the glove box of a student's car outside the Seneca Valley Intermediate High School.
The message from the superintendent said all students and staff are safe.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts to Butler County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Shortly after the start of school, a report was made that a gun was seen in a student's possession.
Breaking: police confirm gun found on Seneca Valley school campus in Jackson Township Butler County. Two students are in custody. We are working to learn more information.— Amy Marcinkiewicz (@WPXIAmy) November 19, 2019
Jackson Township Police, school police and administrators conducted an investigation and a search of the student involved. That's when the gun was found in the student's car.
The message said officials believe the gun was sold by another student. Both were taken into police custody.
Police told Channel 11 the gun was real, and the students will be facing charges as juveniles because they are both under 18.
- Man who confessed to killing Bethel Park woman in Las Vegas denied bond
- Felony Lane Gang targeting women in the Pittsburgh area
- 'Put him on a diet': Day care worker fired after mom finds nasty note in child's lunchbox
- VIDEO: Ex-wife of John Chapman shares shocking new details
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.