HARRISBURG, Pa. — The state reported its lowest daily COVID-19 case increase since mid-March. This comes as the majority of the state is in the yellow phase, and a number of counties will transition to green on Friday.
Officials with the Department of Health report 473 additional positive cases of coronavirus. That brings the statewide total to 68,186 positive cases. The state reports 334,918 people have tested negative, and about 61% of patients have recovered.
There have been 5,139 total deaths from the virus, which is an increase of 15.
Here is a local county breakdown:
- Allegheny Co.: 1,805 positive cases, 27,179 negative cases
- Armstrong Co.: 58 positive cases, 1,122 negative cases
- Beaver Co.: 568 positive cases, 3,406 negative cases
- Butler Co.: 220 positive cases, 3,426 negative cases
- Clarion Co.: 29 positive cases, 646 negative cases
- Fayette Co.: 94 positive cases, 2,981 negative cases
- Forest Co.: 7 positive cases, 70 negative cases
- Greene Co.: 27 positive cases, 721 negative cases
- Indiana Co.: 89 positive cases, 1,175 negative cases
- Lawrence Co.: 74 positive cases, 1,164 negative cases
- Mercer Co.: 105 positive cases, 1,399 negative cases
- Venango Co.: 8 positive cases, 470 negative cases
- Washington Co.: 130 positive cases, 3,947 negative cases
- Westmoreland Co.: 441 positive cases, 8,439 negative cases
There are 3,655 positive cases of coronavirus in our region.
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group