INDEPENDENCE TOWNSHIP, Pa. - Firefighters were called Tuesday morning for a fire at a home in Independence Township.
The fire was reported about 4:30 a.m. on Thompson Hill Road. It appears to have started in the home’s basement, officials said.
Tankers were brought in to fight the fire because there are no hydrants nearby.
Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control before it spread, but they said there is some damage inside.
A couple who lives in the home made it out safely, but they need to stay somewhere else in the meantime.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- ATM card of missing woman used in days since her disappearance, police expanding search
- Restaurant turns tables on food waste, turning unused portions into short-turn dishes
- Questions continue to linger 1 year after teacher's murder in Aliquippa
- VIDEO: Attempted carjacking ends with suspect in custody in Beaver County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.