GREENSBURG, Pa. - A South Greensburg woman, accused of neglecting her dog, said she's innocent and now she wants her pet back.
Yenise Zimmerman was arraigned this week on animal cruelty charges.
In May, police got a tip about a loose dog and found Zimmerman's pug.
The dog was taken to a vet who said the animal was malnourished, dehydrated and in need of medicine.
"She is devastated by this. This is very emotional. This dog is like a child to her. She's very upset about the charges. She feels she's falsely accused," said Zimmerman's attorney Tim Dawson.
The dog was turned over to a humane agency. Zimmerman will be back in court in July.
- Pa. woman dies at Dominican Republic resort, 5 days before Maryland couple died there too
- Teen injured in ATV accident vows to walk at graduation this week
- Man shot on porch while protecting 9-year-old girl
- VIDEO: Heinz & Ed Sheeran team up to create 'Edchup'
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.