An Ohio woman broke into a home Monday, petted a dog and did the dishes then left, investigators said.
Cheyenne Ewing snuck into the house through the back door around 9 p.m. and sat on the couch petting the family dog, according to the Vinton County Sheriff’s Office. She then went into the kitchen and did the dishes before leaving.
- Shooting ends with car crashing into Carrick porch, police say
- Rare, luxury cars among those damaged in massive warehouse fire in Etna
- Man left backpack of meth at library, goes to police station to get it back
- VIDEO: Could snow days be a thing of the past? Recent pilot tests say yes
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
The victim told investigators she did not know Ewing and thought she was acting very strange.
While interviewing the victim, Vinton County Sheriff’s Office received other calls about a woman fitting Ewing’s description knocking on doors in the neighborhood.
Deputies believe she was on drugs. Ewing told investigators she had been awake for two days.
Ewing was arrested and charged with burglary, according to jail records.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.