CINCINNATI - The Pirates snapped their nine-game losing streak, beating the Reds 11-4. But not without a fight.
Tensions with the Reds this season go all the way back to April, but it all boiled over on Tuesday night.
In the 7th inning, both teams received a warning after Keone Kela threw high and inside on Derek Dietrich.
In the 8th inning, Reds manager David Bell was ejected for arguing balls and strikes with the home plate umpire.
Then in the 9th, former Pirates reliever Jared Hughes was ejected after hitting Starling Marte.
I don't think I've ever seen a pitcher charge the dugout. That was incredible. Puig ejected. Amir Garrett ejected. Trevor Williams, Kyle Crick and Charis Archer also ejected #WPXI— Alby Oxenreiter (@albyox) July 31, 2019
There's a lotta stuff going on rn— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) July 31, 2019
Amir Garrett just took on the ENTIRE Pittsburgh Pirates team. pic.twitter.com/PKlZe6ljb8— Justin Russo (@FlyByKnite) July 31, 2019
Amir Garrett replaced Hughes, but during a mound visit, Garrett charged the Pirates dugout and threw a punch at Trevor Williams.
Garrett and Williams both fell to the ground as a melee erupted around them. Garrett, Yasiel Puig, Trevor Williams, Kyle Crick and Chris Archer were all ejected.
- Pittsburgh Three Rivers Regatta canceled days before scheduled start
- Woman wanted for allegedly urinating on potatoes at West Mifflin Walmart
- 800 jobs expected with new Amazon facility in Allegheny County
- VIDEO: Pennsylvania dad dies after saving drowning 11-year-old son
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.