PITTSBURGH - The wife of Pittsburgh Pirates legend Roberto Clemente is reportedly hospitalized and is in poor health.
Vera Clemente, Pirates and MLB Goodwill Ambassador & wife of the great Roberto Clemente, is in delicate health and has been hospitalized.— Pirates (@Pirates) November 1, 2019
We ask all fans to join our Pirates family in sending thoughts and prayers at this difficult time to Vera and the entire Clemente family. pic.twitter.com/hE1RY4PRys
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for sports news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
According to the Roberto Clemente Foundation, Vera Clemente is Chairwoman of the organization and is a Goodwill Ambassador for Major League Baseball. She has hosted a telethon on behalf of MLB in Puerto Rico to raise money for the Ciudad Roberto Clemente in that country.
- Woman killed in crash that shut down part of Route 51 in Pittsburgh
- Driver fired after video recorded of bus plowing through flooded roads
- Rain, winds force some communities to change 2019 Trick-or-Treat times
- VIDEO: Overturned car pulled from Pine Creek in Shaler after crash
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.