The last time Le’Veon Bell touched a football in an NFL game was with 2:27 left in the fourth quarter of the Steelers’ stunning playoff loss to Jacksonville in January.
He scored a touchdown.
And it appears, based on new reports, it could be the last touchdown he ever scores for the Steelers.
Steelers’ running back Le'Veon Bell is unlikely to report to the team by Tuesday's deadline, which would make him ineligible to play the rest of this season, multiple league sources tell ESPN.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 11, 2018
ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting Bell is "unlikely" to report to the Steelers before 4 p.m. Tuesday, the deadline for him to become eligible to play this season.
The NFL Network reported the Steelers don't believe Bell will report on Tuesday.
If Bell doesn’t report, he will become a free agent at season’s end. And while that doesn’t completely eliminate the possibility he re-signs with the Steelers, that outcome is looking more and more remote.
- 1 dead, 2 injured in crash that closed McKees Rocks Bridge for hours
- Missing 70-year-old man found dismembered in neighbor's home didn't know killer, police say
- Around 10K bags of heroin, 15 lbs. of marijuana seized in massive drug bust
- VIDEO: Police: Boy, 3, dies after accidentally shooting self
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.