PITTSBURGH - A Pittsburgh Penguins fan has a new kidney after she was spotted at a game in March holding a sign indicating she was in need of a transplant.
Kelly Sowatsky brought the sign to the March 31 game against Montreal. It said, “Calling All Hockey Fans! I Need A Kidney! Kidney! Kidney! Gratefully Yours, Kelly.”
PREVIOUS STORY: Pens fan brings sign to game asking for kidney
A fellow Penguins fan in Delaware took notice of the sign after a photo was tweeted by the team.
Penguins fan: Seeking hero. pic.twitter.com/jAeA81Wny7— Pittsburgh Penguins (@penguins) March 31, 2018
Jeff Lynd offered to donate his kidney, and UPMC doctors performed the kidney transplant surgery on Nov. 9, according to the Penguins.
Two weeks later, both Sowatsky and Lynd are doing well, the Penguins reported.
- North Hills gym teacher accused of inappropriate contact with elementary student
- Local woman goes missing while vacationing in Mexico
- ‘There's blood everywhere': 911 call released in former judge's alleged killing of ex-wife
- VIDEO: Three major retailers announce new gift card restrictions to prevent scams
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.