An engine failure onboard Delta flight 1425 Monday from Atlanta to Baltimore reportedly forced the plane to land in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Family says baby's life could have been saved if hospital maternity ward was open
- Man suspected in stabbing death of girlfriend’s 8-year-old son arrested
- Pit bull dies after being left in yard during extreme temperatures, police say
- VIDEO: Man Survives After Being Swept Over Niagara Falls
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
“After we heard the boom, we saw all this smoke coming up through the cabin, and that's when we started freaking out,” passenger Avery Porch said.
Outside the cabin windows, passengers could see there was a piece of metal that was sucked into an engine, WSOC-TV reported.
Flight attendants instructed passengers to duck and brace for a landing.
The more than 150 people on board were OK.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.