FORT WORTH, Texas - A Texas man was killed last week when an e-cigarette exploded sending metal pieces flying.
William Eric Brown, 24 of Forth Worth, died last week, according to KXAS-TV, when a piece of the electronic cigarette cut his left carotid artery.
The medical examiner’s report attributed Brown’s death to a “penetrating trauma from exploding vaporizer pen,” KXAS reported.
The accident happened while Brown was sitting in his car outside a shop where he went to buy more vaping products.
Fort Worth Man Dies After Electronic Cigarette Explodes -- https://t.co/scKw3ytPrg— NBC DFW (@NBCDFW) February 5, 2019
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment and his grandmother told the news station he was talking shortly after the incident occurred, but he died several days later when doctors had a hard time removing a three-inch metal shard from his head.
A Florida man died last May, according to The New York Times, after suffering a head wound from an exploding e-cigarette.
- Dogfighting suspected in stray's 'severe' injuries
- Police close case involving death of Duquesne football player
- Pennsylvanians pay the highest gas tax in the country, but where does it go?
- VIDEO: Pregnant woman pinned between two cars had legs amputated
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.