A Senate committee on Monday passed a newly unveiled measure to gradually raise the minimum wage to $9.50 in 2022.
The state's current minimum wage is the federal minimum of $7.25.
A spokeswoman for Senate Republican leaders says they expect to bring it to a floor vote this week, although its prospects in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives are unclear.
The bill is more modest than what Wolf proposed in January, and requires him to make a number of concessions. That includes rescinding his proposed overtime regulation before a state rule-making board votes on it Thursday.
- Suspect captured on camera in deadly home invasion, shooting
- NFL changes kickoff time for Steelers vs. Browns
- Timeline of Bethel Park woman's disappearance, man's alleged confession of her murder
- VIDEO: Argument ends with man being shot to death, suspect identified through surveillance video
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.