SEVEN VALLEYS, Pa. - A Pennsylvania woman is accused of holding her 16-month-old daughter’s head under hot water flowing from a tub faucet when the toddler would not stop crying while taking a bath, the York Daily Record reported.
Brandy Marie Gentzler, 22, of Seven Valleys, is charged with aggravated assault, endangering child welfare, aggravated assault of someone younger than 6 and simple assault, the newspaper reported..
According to court documents, Gentzler told police she was trying to get her daughter to stop crying Dec. 31 when she held the child under hot water several times, WGAL reported.
- Man killed by exploding e-cigarette when metal piece sliced artery, report says
- Redevelopment, expansion planned for Ross Park Mall
- College student thinks apartment is haunted, finds man in closet
- VIDEO: Pennsylvanians pay the highest gas tax in the country, but where does it go?
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
According to police, Gentzler reportedly said to the girl, "Please shut up. Are you going to shut up yet?" the television station reported.
The girl suffered second-degree burns to her face; fractures to her right rib, right elbow and left clavicle; and a bite mark on her left wrist, the York Dispatch reported.
According to court documents, Gentzler told police her daughter bit her once while she was feeding her, so Gentzler bit her hand "to show her that biting hurts," the Daily Record reported.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.