The New Castle News reports that the application to Lawrence County's voter services department listed the location as "International Space Station, low Earth orbit."
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive alerts for Lawrence County news. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Director Ed Allison says his reaction was "What?" But then he found out that astronaut Andrew "Drew" Morgan, currently on the space station, has an address in Neshannock Township and is a registered voter in the county.
County IT director Rick DiBello set up a secure email and password and a fillable PDF file that Morgan received, filled it out and sent back.
DiBello says he thought "that is pretty cool." And Allison calls it "very, very cool" - and he adds: "This is the future."
Information from: New Castle News, http://www.ncnewsonline.com
- LIVE UPDATES: Allegheny Co. DA Stephen Zappala declares victory, results still coming in
- Fire destroys popular barbecue restaurant on Pittsburgh's North Side
- Video shows man knocked unconscious, woman attacked by group of women at local McDonald's
- VIDEO: First accumulating snow of season possible this week
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.