It can be tough to make ends meet for many Americans and a recent survey has found that on average, 59 percent of adults live paycheck to paycheck.
- 1 dead, 3 hurt after related shootings at separate scenes in West Virginia
- Philadelphia police shooting: Gunman in custody after 6 officers shot, wounded
- 13-year-old dies after collapsing while playing football
- VIDEO: Coroner called to fire in Washington County
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Nearly half of participants said they carry credit card debt and struggle to keep up with payments.
Only 38 percent of people surveyed said they have an emergency fund.
COPYRIGHT 2019 WWW.CNN.COM. TURNER BROADCASTING SYSTEM, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.