MCKEESPORT, Pa. - "You don't expect to bury your kids, you expect your kids to bury you."
The father, brother and sister of a young man gunned down inside a local Family Dollar store talked only to Channel 11's Amy Hudak.
Twenty-four-year-old Dwayne Fuller was inside the store when two men came in and killed him. Police said it was a targeted attack, possibly a robbery.
And the next day, Fuller's little brother turned 10 years old. He and his sister cried and laughed while sharing their favorite memories of their big brother with Hudak.
- Man lived with bodies of mom, aunt for years to collect benefits, deputies say
- Suspects in deadly Penn Hills home invasion arrested 2,400 miles away
- Sam Adams unveils Halloween 'extreme beer'
- VIDEO: Juul indefinitely suspends sales of all fruity flavors
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
Surveillance photos show the two suspects wearing hoodies inside the store, and police are still searching for them.
A woman who was inside at that same time with her 4-year-old granddaughter jumped in and tried to save Fuller after hearing the gunshots.
His family wanted to express their gratitude to that woman for making sure he didn't suffer alone.
"I'd like to thank the lady very much for not letting my son lay there and die alone," Fuller's father said. "He had a real peaceful look on his face because of her."
Fuller's family is now pleading for people to identify the suspects.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.