PITTSBURGH - One person was found shot to death early Monday morning in the front yard of a home in Pittsburgh’s Duquesne Heights neighborhood, police said.
The shooting was reported about 3 a.m. along Plymouth Street, where a man was found lying in the grass in front of a home.
Investigators said the man, identified as 18-year-old Aaron Wade, appeared to have been shot multiple times.
Crime scene tape stretched across the street while investigators processed the scene, and several evidence markers were seen in the front yard of the home.
Two bullet holes went through the window of a pickup truck parked across the street.
Some neighbors said they thought the gunshots were celebratory Super Bowl fireworks. Others heard popping sounds, but didn’t suspect a shooting had happened.
“My son heard it. My daughter woke up. We all woke up to this loud noise. He came down, he didn’t see anything. He looked outside, checked around … nothing out there,” Melony Petrick, a neighbor, said.
No arrests have been made.
Channel 11 News learned Wade attended the Steel Valley School District last year.
- Federal agents find tunnel near border fence in Texas
- 2 people killed after car rolls off railroad tracks identified
- Police investigating after brawl breaks out inside South Side bar
- VIDEO: This new device is a game-changer for people with back pain
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.