A well-known chiropractor in Westmoreland County is facing felony animal cruelty charges after police say he shot at a dog seven times.
Monessen police said Dr. James Scirotto was at a birthday party on Marion Avenue several houses down from where the dog lives.
You can now customize your WPXI News App to receive Westmoreland County news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
According to court documents, the dog was running around and barking at people. In response, Scirotto allegedly pulled out a gun that had been stuffed down the front of his pants and fired several shots at the dog. He then allegedly chased the dog to where it lived on Hillcrest Avenue and shot the dog in its yard.
The dog, a 5-year-old named Honda, is now recovering at home after undergoing surgery for a wound from a bullet that went through his back leg.
- Son charged after mother found dead inside room that was duct-taped shut
- Ravens' Earl Thomas fined $21,000 for hit on Steelers' Mason Rudolph, report says
- Pittsburgh heart surgeon arrested in child sex crime sting
- VIDEO: Scary sight - thousands of tarantulas out looking for mates
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.