PITTSBURGH - Police arrested a suspect in an armed robbery in the Morningside section of Pittsburgh Wednesday morning after his car ran out of gas.
Investigators said Anthony Scoleri was armed when he walked into the Rite Aid on Morningside Avenue about 8 a.m.
Scoleri, of McKeesport, took money and drove off -- but he didn’t get far. His car ran out of gas before he made it out of the parking lot.
Police arrested Scoleri after he tried to run. His car was later towed away.
As police processed the scene, cash, a gun, cigarettes and a cellphone were seen being taken out of the car.
No one was injured in the robbery.
- Armed robbery suspect arrested after running out of gas
- Blanks to be fired during active shooter drill at local school
- Landslide closes portion of busy Pittsburgh road
- VIDEO: Eagle lands on top of firetruck ladder during 9/11 memorial
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.