CANONSBURG, Pa. - Videos circulating on social media showing students using racial slurs are being investigated by officials with the Canon-McMillan School District.
It's not clear at this point what the context is surrounding the videos under investigation.
Channel 11 has been made aware of at least two videos in circulation on social media that reportedly show students using racial slurs, and we are working to confirm more details of this investigation.
North Strabane Township police were expected to look into the issue. However, they sent this statement regarding a potential investigation:
"Our Department investigated this incident and determined there were no crimes committed. There will be no further investigation unless more information is obtained."
- 'You don't expect to bury your kids.' Family of man gunned down in local store speaks out
- Man lived with bodies of mom, aunt for years to collect benefits, deputies say
- Suspects in deadly Penn Hills home invasion arrested 2,400 miles away
- VIDEO: Thieves targeting catalytic converters from vehicles for huge profit
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.