PITTSBURGH - Veterans Day is Monday, but the city of Pittsburgh honored our heroes Saturday with the annual Veterans Day Parade.
It was the 100th anniversary of the big event, making it the second oldest in the country.
The parade kicked off at 10:30 a.m. at Liberty Avenue and 10th Avenue in Downtown Pittsburgh. Then it headed toward Point State Park.
You can customize your WPXI News App to receive Allegheny County news alerts. CLICK HERE to find out how.
Because of the parade route, several Port Authority bus routes were detoured in the morning and early afternoon. Below are the following routes that were affected:
- Liberty Avenue from 26th Street to Fort Pitt Bridge entrance ramps
- Portions of intersecting streets along parade route
Aside from those minor closures, Port Authority ran regular T and incline services.
- Local woman's tragic story an example of alarming trend that's concerning doctors, expectant mothers
- Collision between trains causes massive derailment in Hempfield
- Man dies after large trench collapse in Washington County
- VIDEO: Local couple gets married in hospital ICU after man's sudden heart issues
- DOWNLOAD the Channel 11 News app for breaking news alerts
© 2019 Cox Media Group.